So while I was making it the other day I began to think of several reasons why I should and do make it.
- Yes it does give the room a really nice tidy look and that was my main objective
- And there's the peace of mind when I open the front door - no more shutting it when the doorbell rings.
- I know where to find the hot water bottles - There’s no more digging around the bottom of the bed or falling over them when they are on the floor at the side of the bed –they now have their own little spot at the front of the wardrobe.
- I know where my pyjamas are. There’s no more wondering if I put them in the wash and need to get clean ones out or tripping over them on the floor beside the bed – they (clean ones or used ones with another night left in them) are now put under the pillow where they are easily seen when I’m getting undressed.
- It gives me a chance for play time with Kiera. She has immense fun trying to get under the covers and the pillows when they are being put back into place. How could you resist not messing around with someone as sweet as this?
Who when she has finished messing up the tidy bed
looks at you with those half closed eyes
and promptly falls asleep lol
- And of course it gives me some equal opportunity/ quality time with Dh as I often get him to give me a hand. Its at these 'fun' times I get to hear how sleeping in the same creases is an art learned in the forces and how they would press a crease in their trousers by putting them under the mattress. Actually my motive for getting him to help is just so he doesn’t think it’s only my place to do it – after all half the creases (and lots of times the clothes) are his lol
How about you - are there things you do now that didn't get done before?