About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Horseshoe Bay near Bowen, Far North Queensland

Its become a tradition now we have finally retired that while we are physically able and also finacially able we spend the winter somewhere other than in the cold of Melbourne.  Not that there is anything wrong with Victoria in the cold of Winter - we just prefer to spend it somewhere else a little bit warmer:))

So we are just beginning to plan this year's Winter trip.  All being well we are going back 'up north' to the warm and sunny climes of Far North Queensland, which is where you will find this tiny beach at Horseshoe Bay about 5 kms from the centre of Bowen which is the most northerly town in the Whitsunday region and where we make our base.                                

This is a special little beach that seems far away from it all yet is just a short drive from suburbia
From the carpark
This particular day we drove down there one afternon and were surprised to see no one there
Too hot, and I think they'd all gone back to their 'vans to have a little snooze:))
 Looking to the left
And to the right
Below you will see what look like another rare view of the beach - almost empty lol
Taken on a cooler day when we took the walking track to the Rotary Lookout.
A good view of the safe shallow beach and the rocky area which is good for snorkelling.

Also a deceiving view as there were loads of people there -
'cept they were all sensibly sitting under the overhang of the trees in the shade!!

Do you have any special memories of Watery Places with Watery Views?

There are more wonderful watery views to be seen at Watery Wednesday



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots of this little bit of paradise, Cathy. Glad you are able to travel around and enjoy the sights of this great and of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Cathy. Lovely photos. It looks like a great place to visit. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, looks like a paradise.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day.
    Greetings Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots, it looks like a great place to spend warm afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely an idyllic spot. Nothing nicer than having the beach to yourselves! Happy planning for your winter getaway :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The palms - it just like being along the equator line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! Thank you for sharing Cathy!.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, this is such a beautiful place, I can understand why you enjoy being here through your winter months. We have a lot of people in the States who are called Snowbirds. I don't know if you have the same term over there. People who live in the north but who move down south when it is wintertime. Thanks for stopping by my Spike Milligan post. I do remember The Goon Show, maybe not the radio but they were also on BBC weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time I come to Oz, I will pay you a visit. Any watery place is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks lovely. I am sure you will enjoy the warmth and quiet.

    I love the multitude of lakes, deep and cold, in Northern Ontario. I grew up on LAKe Ontario which is large like a sea. It was usually too cold to swim in even when the sand on the beech was too hot to stand on it. I now live near lots of lovely small lakes, many un named with no one living or camping on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an awesome place for a winter escape. Definitely something to look forward to when the days get colder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aloha Cathy, thanks for joining me on my site...the photos in yours look spectacular. Growing up in Melbourne eons ago, we used to visit the Dandenongs for picnics and such...you live in a lovely place all its own

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha Cathy, ...your planned travel destination looks as lovely as the place I live :) I grew up in Melbourne eons ago and remember visiting the Dandenongs for picnics and things...it was really 'country' back then. Hope you have a wonderful time up north too:)
    Thanks for joining me on my site...smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy