About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, October 31, 2011

We're in the money

Well thats what Dh thought when I brought the shopping in the other day

You see there are pears and oranges and apples and kiwi fruit on the bench
and look at what else I produced from the bag

To put it mildly I've really missed my bananas
Entire plantations were wiped out early this year thanks to Cyclone Yasi

I needed something to celebrate the fact that my aches and pains seem to have subsided
and as the price had dropped
a little bit
Down to $5 a kilo from the $13 they were priced at not that long ago
I treated us to a couple each lol
Oh that one tasted so good with my porridge this morning lol

And talking of produce
take a look at this
One container garden in full swing

Tomatoes and Beans have taken and seem to be flourishing
And I've even managed to clear most of the mess from down the side
Will try gravel on top of the weed mat  

Some growing Toms and more to come

3 comments:

  1. Our tomato growing season is over and this part of the U.S.A. did not have good results due to our horrible drought. It makes my mouth water just to look at your soon to be ripened tomatoes on the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get many tomatoes until the end of the season and now we have had our first frost. I have all the green ones on the counter and they will ripen ...... it is just not the same as when you pull a juicy ripe one straight from the vine, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks good. Produce on the way again. I bought some bananas this week too and have savoured every mouthful. Maa

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy