About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My bench of the week

I saw a lot of this very nondecript wooden bench
whilst we were in Bowen during the winter
Its up on the foreshore of Queens Beach

A great spot to sit and watch the world go by 
Always in the shade
No chance of being burnt to a cinder

to really enjoy these photos - click and enlarge 
This couple obviously thought the same way I did
A perfect place for looking out to sea
For enjoying the peace and quiet
For watching the waves roll in
And having a cup of tea 
accompained by some rather nice looking cake
Theres a car park near the LS Club
so they'd taken a bag of goodies with them for a midmorning snack 
They agreed to photos as long as they couldn't be identified

Is there a special place close to home you enjoy ?

10 comments:

  1. Nice setting! Looks very peaceful. We don't go out like that anymore, wish we did, there are parks along the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind sitting there and taking a few minutes to think about life.....

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small postage-stamp park was built smack dab in the middle of downtown where there used to be a building that was torn down. Grass, trees, flowers and a lovely gazebo was built with a wire frame on the top, which a huge wisteria has entwined itself. Benches are around the inside and it is very peaceful sitting there

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Cathy. That looks like a very relaxing spot to sit and watch the world go by.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cool place you've got here. It's a relaxing moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do live in a beautiful area. I do like where I will but it doesnt raise your heart like some of your photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and peaceful looking spot, who wouldn't want to sit down there and have a little picnic.
    I could use that spot right now!! lol

    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely series of shots. What an idyllic spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don´t have that kind of spots where I live, but I do have some nice ones. :)


    I´m opening up a new watery meme. I call it NF Waters and you can find a testrun here if you like to check it out:
    http://nfmemes.blogspot.com/search/label/NFWaters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a pretty setting! The tree is perfect for bench-sitting, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy