About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, October 17, 2011

The house on the corner

Have you ever wondered what's on the other side of a fence?
This lovely old picket fence surrounds a corner block
just up the road from my home
I pass it on one of my walks yet have never seen anyone out there
Maybe they are at work during the day 

for a better view click to enlarge the photos
Because of the hedge on one side and the Jasmine creeper on the other
its hard to see inside
(the garden that is, not the actual house)
Now I realise that's the intention - to stop prying eyes
but I tend to be a bit nosy sometimes so got a bit closer this time
Not game enough to get really close I could see the suggestion of a lovely cottage type garden
Yes I know chicken is my name:))
I live in hope of seeing someone I could talk to
maybe I'll walk past one weekend just to see lol

Our World Tuesday can be found here

13 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy! I loved this post because I'm this way too! There is a house on the other side of our field that is for sale, I even contacted the real estate agent to see if there were more pictures--Next stop, I'm going over to look in the windows since it's empty, so you should walk past this cute house one more time too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lovely house, I love the fence around it, very country cottage garden.....

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that you would post this today. We were out for a drive yesterday and I spied a lovely home with a tall privacy fence. For some reason the thought hit me that I would really like to see what was behind that fence. No, I didn't sneak up and try to peek but it sure left me curious. At least with a picket fence you can see between the slats. I've always wanted a picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder where people are going when they turn off a major highway and onto a smaller road. Sort of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I often wonder what's on the other side of barriers I cannot see through or around. Sometimes I'm brave but mostly I'm a chicken just like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you could leave a nice note on the fence telling them how much you admire their fence and the garden and that you are a neighbor and you would like to get acquainted with them. Might help and I can't see how it could hurt... unless you prefer the thrill of the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day Cathy. That does look like a lovely home and the garden looks great. Yes, I too would be interested to see more of the house and garden. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely and I would be intrigued, too! It's the perfect picture of a storybook cottage and garden! Great captures for the day! I hope you get to see more/meet the people one day, Cathy! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea for a blog posr - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there - I think one of the main reason I enjoy an evening walk is to have a (very) good look at what’s going on in the neighbourhood!

    Hope you find time to visit my blog(s)!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, Please go and knock on the door and ask if you can take some pictures of the garden. I'm sure we'd all like a peek too. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely cottage. I only wish I lived where I could grow such a mature garden.

    I am not a big fan of fenced in homes. I like home that face the street, have a veranda upon which to sit and speak to neighours and strangers as they pass.

    How are you enjoying the Queen's visit? Did she come to your city?

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy