About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hey round the corner - Yoo Hoo

It was like a different world when I got up this morning
A change in the weather
and the status of my back and leg
meant I was able to take a short walk

The rain had finally stopped -
and, oh has it rained over the past few days
Not only torrential rain but gale force winds and lightning storms to go with it
and give us the wettest September day for nearly 100 years

The sun was shining and it felt as though Spring had returned 
I really needed to be outside, being cooped up inside is not my favourite thing
I couldn't wait to be off tootling down the street in the pleasant sunshine
warm enough not to need a coat lol

I cruised along at a nice gentle pace 
slow enough to be comfortable and take in the gardens I walked past
yet fast enough to feel as though I was actually 'working' and doing some good

As far as the dreaded sciatica is concerned I feel like I've turned the corner
If I continue with the stretching exercises hopefully the problem will be away
Not forgotten about tho'
- memo to myself -
When it comes to lifting remember the OH&S thought
'Does it need to be moved and do you need someone to help you'

Anyway back to what I saw on my way round the suburbs
Some lovely bright Gazanias brightening up both sides of an old fence
A clump of Convolvulus straddling the corner of a fence and trying to climb the post box
Some lovely pink and white African Daisies (Osteospermum) looking fresh as they scramble through this metal fence.  Wonder if they'll make a right turn and travel down the drive
Then when I got home I realised I had some Seaside Daisy (Erigignon) trying to escape round the front of the garage 
This is my entry for Todays Flowers
I realise there's more text here than pictures but then that's me lol
Haven't put one in for a while and if you click here you'll find lots of others from around the world

9 comments:

  1. How lovely to see all the flowers blooming.

    We are out here at sea again so I don't get to your blog as often as I do when we are at home.

    All the very best from Port Canaveral,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Cathy. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yes, we sure have had some rain and the lightening one night was the best (and scariest) I have seen for a long time. You saw some lovely flower displays on your walk, the photos look great. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear your feeling better. The rain has stopped here too, it even was sunny. But lots of water laying around and still cold. The bright flowers always make you feel better though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blooms and beautifully captured too!

    Hosta post, have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was a treat I have never heard of Gazanias, Convolvulus, African Daisies (Osteospermum),or Seaside Daisy (Erigignon). I just love blog educators such as you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and it's lovely getting out after being cooped up because of the weather isn't it? Thanks Cathy and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good you're out and about, especially in the lovely weather! Um, yes, learning to ask for help (re your previous post)... got to do it, easier said that done eh!!

    Those pretty flowers on each corner look so sweet. What a nice walk you have.
    Cheerio for now :D)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy