About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Lone Seagull

Remember the lone seagull in the previous post

click the photos to enlarge further

Several people mentioned him in the comments
so I went looking for the rest of the photos I had taken  
and what's surprising is that they all look very similar

I spied him/her as I was walking at the rocky end of a beach one day
There he was having a paddle in the shallows all by himself
Not another gull near him
Or even on that part of the beach as far as I could see

He just stood there as the waves came rolling in
Looking out to sea!
I walked closer and moved about a bit
but he wasn't in the least bit fazed

Just let the waves roll in and out around his little legs

When this man came down on to the rocks I thought he'd be up and away
but no he continued to stand there in world of his own
The man moved around but not the gull lol
I had to move on - he was still standing there
I did begin to wonder if his feet were stuck in the sand
but when I looked back a short while later
there was no sign of him

5 comments:

  1. Could the man walking around be pulling a trick and the seagull was an artificial bird? You turned away and the trickster removed the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing as Granny Annie. I don't see feet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do that when we were kids... just stand there and let the waves wash the sand over our feet, until they were no longer visible.

    I just loved this set of photos - so peaceful. Can just hear those waves lapping :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he was just spending time by himself, just to let the stress of life wash away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Cathy. What great photo's. That gull looks so peaceful all by himself, just gazing across the water, with not a care in the world.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy