About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bowen Qld - Most frequented sites


Heres a little glimpse at the sites we visited more frequently than any other during our recent six week 'sojourn in the sun' in Bowen Qld

For me it was the long stretch of sea and sand at Queen's Beach

Just a five minute walk from our cabin
visible down through the Casuarina Trees that run along the foreshore


For Dh it was the fairways and greens of the Bowen Golf Club


A ten minute walk from our cabin
within sight and sound of the Coral Sea
and Queens Beach  


We'd been there before and knew exactly what to expect

That was the attraction

Solitude by the sun sand and sea 
Peace and quiet

Enjoyment alongside all the other Grey Nomads
exchanging the colder winter months of southern Australia 
for the warmer milder days of northern Australia 

The term Grey Nomad is applied to the section of the ageing Australian
population who use their retirement years as a time to experience travel and
holidaying activities once freed from the constraints of work and family commitments

6 comments:

  1. What a truly serene place to spend some time, I love it! I can almost picture myself on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos. What lovely-looking beaches. I WANNA GO!!! If I did not know any better, I'd say that golf course was on one of the Hawaiian Islands! Like the "grey nomad" phrase. They are known as "snow birds" here in the U.S. Mainly because they tend to drive south during the late fall and winter where it is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, hubby has said that now hes 50 we will start to do the grey nomad thing. Hopefully as soon as next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color me "green" with envy. How very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Cathy. Lovely photos.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy