About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Views from the laundry window Todays flowers

I  planted this line of Camellias along this side wall many years ago. 

I was sick of looking at the bare wall and saw some very little, almost minute, tube stock in the nursery one year and it was a snap decision to plant them 
Actually I'm suprised they have lasted so long as they are in fairly deep shade under the eaves and apart from any rain that blows in never get watered

That window you can see there is in the laundry, which being on the south side of the house lets in minimal light at the best of times and is worse still when I forget to cut these down to a reasonable height 

But look at the fabulous display of flowers this year 
much better than I've ever seen for a long time

The labels went walkabout years ago so I have no idea what their 'names' are
but aren't they just delightful






In real life they looked equally good from inside
but the the pictures are a bit fuzzy when taken
through the screen and a dirty window lol

But look at this and laugh
I'd taken this before I realised what the date on the calender was

So heres one with the correct month on it
I can assure you I had done some laundry between April and July!!
The flash didn't seem to enhance them at all
only made the window look even more grubby

so it looks like I'll have to do some window washing when this rain finally stops 
and some pruning when the flowers are finished
to see more Flowers for today

20 comments:

  1. beautiful. One of my husbands sisters is called Camellia and we always say, Aunty Camellia is in bloom again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very pretty from both outside and inside. That laundry room view is gorgeous. My laundry room is in the basement, so no pretty view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they really went to town, how pretty - on either side! I'll bet the smell about knocks you over! Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My folks have two huge camellia bushes on either side of the front porch and seeing your pictures brings back fond memories. I used to pick them and float them in water a glass bowl for my mom as a centerpiece on the table. PS, your banner photo is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I planted two here several years ago and both died ....... Guess the winter is too severe. I was longing to smell that heady perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cars what the date is Cathy. I sometimes don't even know what day it is. lol
    Gorgeous flowers, are they any good for cutting?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're beautiful and seem to be flourishing where they are - apparently they're getting all the rain and sunshine they need. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why worry about the date(I thought that's what retirement was for) Cathy the flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day Cathy. Beautiful flowers and what a lovely view to have from a laundry window. Why worry about dirty windows and the date not being right when you have blooms like that to look at. Great photo's as usual Cathy. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look wonderful! I bet they even help keep some of the cold out too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. delightful camelias! what a beautiful view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They certainly are putting on a fabulous display. Beautiful flowers! A great choice for that garden bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your roses are beautiful and I love the two colors. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous roses Cathy, I would love to see them outside of my window.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are pretty Cathy.

    The chicken is fully cooked and very moist when you cook it in a slow cooker.

    We used everything from that log pile last year as it was a cold one. We did however have a few left over from the year before. Still we used three bush cords. We hope to build up a stockpile over the years.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely!

    Today's Flower at my page. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would truly be torn between the view of the flowers and the view out the window. I love to see out the windows as I work around the house and the flowers would hamper my view of an impending attack by wild dogs! (Just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't mind such a lovely bush with blooming flowers near my war. This is simply splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quem planta colhe! Como seu quintal e sua janela ficaram lindos! Que visão maravilhosa! Seu trabalho foi recompensado!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy