About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

One bed down Today's Flowers

To clear my mind of the winter blues (see my last post) I took advantage of today's sunny dry weather and pruned another of the rose beds
This is what I laughingly call my 'Blue Bed' 
Most of us flower lovers are aware there are no blue roses available
(at the moment)
so I humoured myself by planting lavender/lilac coloured ones there instead


The burgundy Iceberg was given to me as a gift without warning so had to be planted in the only space available at the time
And its not until you see it in a photo that you realise how out of place it looks
Hopefully I'll get time to move it next week

Here are more glimpses of the flowers from the summer just gone
These little reminders should lighten my mood and tide me over till the roses in the bed above and others elsewhere in the garden are in full bloom again



If you click here
you will get a glimpse of more beautiful flowers from around the world



10 comments:

  1. What wonderful flowers and bouquets! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have such beautiful flowers, when they are in season! Winter can be kind of depressing when there are no flowers blooming outside. Have you some potted bulbs for color, now that it has gotten cold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day. Your flowers are lovely. I do like the lilac's in one of the photo's. I have two bushes and will plant a new one when we move.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad came over and pruned my roses for me. I am a spoilt girl am I not.
    It wont be long and they will be filled with roses again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I miss roses...Brisbane just does not have the righgt climate to grow them well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Roses Cathy. Just Beautiful!
    Never grown roses myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful Cathy and thank you for sharing them with Today's Flowers. I noticed when I clicked on your thumbnail that it took me right back to the TF page, so I am going to try and fix this for you so that people will come straight to your blog. I've never done this before so hopefully it won't be too difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello again, I changed the link on the TF homepage so that when people click on your thumbnail, they will now be able to come to your blog instead of being redirected back to the homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More beautiful vases of flowers Cathy, they're stunning :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list! Thanks so much for including Simple Bites.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy