About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Funny ol' day

Well, after a week of doing nothing some days and running around like a hairy monster on others all Ireally wanted to do was 'play around' in the garden today
But the sight of these grey skies first thing turned me off a bit 

Yes there was a hint of sunshine but it really was a case of
Grey clouds to the left of me
And grey clouds to the right
Meant it was enough for me to bring out the reinforcements
Namely in the shape of my lovely blue gum boots
Certainly not new by any means
but old faithfuls that have been with me for many a year


Some drops of rain before I'd even started sent me back inside for a hot drink and a chance to do a few jobs I kept putting off
I had all day I kept telling myself as the kitchen cats kept me company as I looked out the kitchen window

I popped out to look at the sky
The rain had started to really come down giving the steps a good wash
My wellies stood there patiently waiting for me to get going
Lunchtime came and the sun arrived drying up the rain
My blue boots stood there drying off and enjoying the warmth 
But I had decided to do other things instead
and thats just what I did
Look at this - Tidy at last
In fact I felt so good looking at the first one I ended up doing two
Theres a place for everything and everythings in its place 
Tidying messy drawers isn't top of my list of exciting things to do but I lost my patience with these two the other day and felt it best they return to their former glory.
Now I just need to keep them that way :))

The sun came out again but I stayed indoors and went on to do other things
Chore for the day was to clean the stove - remnants of cooking from the short patience day needed to be removed lol
It was funny but each time I turned around and looked at those two drawers I had a great big grin on my face
Just like my puddin of a puddy cat 

6 comments:

  1. Your cats look like they enjoyed having you inside with them. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the draws! The weather here has been cold and windy, and now the rain has come back so all is mud again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you accomplished a lot. I like your boots.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, The tut exhibition was really good, and I enjoyed it very much. No we didnt book as we were there on a weekday. Much better as there are no crowds. If you plan to go on the weekend I would book ahead as my daughter nearly missed out on tickets. And there are lots more people so it would be harder to see

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Cathy, and your drawers are things of beauty.
    I'm having the same scenario today, as you did yesterday. Wanted to do some pruning - the rain started.
    Hmmm, perhaps I might follow your example and find something to clean out. Am sure there must be something... lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hesitate to compliment you on your lovely "drawers". LOL

    I will trade you my green boots for your beautiful blue ones.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy