About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Addition to last post

A couple of bloggers asked about the fingerless mittens in the last post.

One pointed out that I hadn't mentioned yarn or needles.

Oops - that was a slight slip up on my part. 

I use 8ply/DK - size 4mm/UK8 needles and cast on 34 stitches - it knits up quickly and isn't too bulky on the hands.  The pattern is for an adult ladies hand but you will most likely find it will need to be a bit bigger in the wrist for a man so just add more stitches - because I use 2x2 rib I add in multples of two - then knit the stocking stitch part longer

It usually takes just under 50grms for a pair and I normally just use acrylic but if you can find resonably priced pure wool then go for it as they will be deliciously warm.

Hope that helps
Cathy

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely need some of those fingerless mittens. What if we don't knit. Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have everyone knitting! :-)

    I must say, I really love Magoo, I usually don't have the sound on, on my comp, and it was a delightful surprise to hear him today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fingerless gloves, I made a pair in red. Because red keeps you warmer. They are so easy anyone can learn to make them. Are we going to be warm or what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cathy, I shall have a go at making them... in my multicoloured style :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes, thank you for the inspiration. I haven't made fingerless mittens in a long time. :)))

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented, wow!--Inger

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy