About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Knowing the known and the unknown

Over the past week several ‘friends’ have asked me if Knowing what I Know now – would I have said Yes - to marrying my love. 

Well, I said it hadn’t all been a bed of roses and tried to explain to her how over time we had both learnt to take the known ‘good’ and the known ‘bad’ and to work on it and then as I tried to explain what I meant it all got out of hand and we fell about laughing.  What I was trying to say sort of began to sound like that Donald Rumskeld thing - which I don’t think anyone really understood lol

Does anyone know the knowns and unknowns that life has in store for them?

There are known "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld

8 comments:

  1. so was that a yes or a no?
    You would be a great politician, you got out of answering that one.
    Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I remember when he said it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to get my head around that quote, it has politician written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hoped over from the A-Z challenge, but I don't see a way to follow you. :( Stop by and let me know if I've missed something.
    Ciara Knight,
    www.ciaraknight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basically these are the things I knew about Ron when I married him. 1.) He honors his commitments. 2.) He has tremendous pride in his daughter. 3.) He has the best sense of humor. 4.) He will sacrifice for others, putting himself last. Those were the "knowns" and somehow they easily conquered any "unknowns".

    ReplyDelete
  6. 44 year for me an mine and it had some ruff ones but the answer is still yes. ps i stoled your cat. you can come and visit him at http://royd-spiltmilk.blogspot.com lol that is lots of love like your post thank you and god bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been married to Mr.T for 47 years.
    Would I do it all again?
    Our life together has been a real struggle at times as Mr.T has been unwell for a great deal of his life but on the whole I think I would do it all again. Particularly bringing up the 3 children, I do still miss that side of life.
    Fortunately we have a really good sense of humour and both see the funny side of most things, that helps.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprisingly, I got the Rumsfeldt thing. I think. lol

    I've been married only 16 years, and didn't make that move until I was 36!

    As an "experienced woman," I'm sure you can tell me a thing or two. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy