About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Its nice to be home and the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2011

Well we've actually been home a few days now but you know how time gets away - not sure where it goes to tho  - so there seemd to be less of it around to use for the good things in life.  Sitting here writing is one of those good things and as I said it had to go by the wayside for more days than I like

First of all and most importantly for some of my visitors is that even tho I signed up for Arlee Bird's 2011 April A-Z challenge (quite a while ago) I just won't be able to do it.
Some of you regular readers may remember the challenge from last year where we posted for 26 days in April - six days a week with Sunday off - using the letters of the alphabet to provide the daily topic.  It was great fun and made me realise there was more to blogging than just sitting down willy nilly and writing whatever came into my head.  Great for some but I just couldn't have kept my side of the bagain if I did that for a month.  I will say it certainly stretched my mind and imagination for that month lol

Anyway I realised with days away last month and other commitments this month and even with the best intentions and preparation it just wasn't going to happen this year so I advised him of my decision and pulled out.  Hopefully I'll be able to visit some of the many entrants from this very very long list - many more than the 100 from last year - more like 900!

And of course I can ask some of you also to pop over and read the daily posts of many of the blogs listed there - I'm sure you'll find lots that will interest you as there are oodles to choose from



I promise regular service will resume soon lol

10 comments:

  1. Welcome home. Not to worry about challenges. Blogging, like so many other things in life, should be fun. :)) Nice to see you back here.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do it either, the challenge, because April is so busy here in the canyon with spring stuff that needs to be done. I'm a bit sorry now because it looks like a lot of fun. -- Inger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing challenge....I signed up for it...will see how it goes...sure will be a challenge lol...thanks for the direction and the challenge of something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are actually over 1000 participants in the challenge now. Either way, I am stopping by, saying hello and playing with Magoo. (I rubbed his head and belly quite a few times)

    I wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home and I couldn't agree with you more - I do most of my blogs on the fly and it would take too much brain power for me in the morning - when my brain isn't awake yet - to compose a certain type of blog. Well, you've seen what they are like!

    Enjoy your sleep, I hope you wake up refreshed and ready for the new day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy,

    My co-host Jen Daiker has control of the Linky list. I notified her to take your blog off the list, but apparently she has not yet gotten around to it. I apologize for any inconveniences and hopefully she will take care of the deletion soon. You can contact her directly if she doesn't.

    Contrary to my usual practice of subscribing to comments, to save time during challenge I will not be doing so during April. If you want to respond to my comment , please email me directly from your email notification for the comment.
    Thanks.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy, I came by to see Magoo and give him a scratch and read about the a to z challenge. Sounds like fun, I would like to do that challenge. Come by & see how I am doing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Cathy, Well, I am doing the challenge again this year, because it is a stretching exercise for me, and really fun! I will try to come back. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember you did very well with the alphabet posting last year but I wondered how in the world you managed to stay with it. I could never commit to such a task. Welcome home:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your kitty cat. And your craze for cats. I love cats too. I just stopped by to tell you.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy