About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

How much is that doggy in the window

The little pet shop in Montrose where I get Kiera's fresh meat is on a fairly busy main road
Vince ( the owner) only carries supplies - food and the like - not live animals - so I wondered what was going on when I walked up the street a few months ago

With the direction of the sun and the reflections it looked like he had puppies sitting in the window and thats one thing he won't do
He says you need to see animals in their home environment before you buy them

As I got closer, still looking at the window I could have sworn he was going back on his word
Then I looked closer still and it clicked
These were not real puppies but large photos
and right there next to them was this

A 'for sale' note in the window - he'd obviously vetted the owner and agreed to putting it there
Look at the cost - and these aren't pure bred either
Think I was in the wrong line when I used to breed kittens lol

Hope you enjoyed my virtual Camera Critter
And aren't they fabulous reflections of the traffic!

Real live critters can be found here

6 comments:

  1. Yes, dogs are getting very expensive these days! We have Labrador Retrievers and are aware of the going rate. WOW! But, one would hope that those willing to pay a hefty sum will then be willing to take good care of their canine family members. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that's a lot of bucks, dollars, pesos, euros, etc for an unregistered puppy! Cute though.

    Yes, I see and you have leaves on your trees, sigh... will be a while for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are cute but jezz, thats why most of my dogs have come from the animal shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have always had pure breeds. We have two doxies right now. But, with the prices I have seen lately they may be our the dogs we register. We also have Wall-E, the dog of questionable origins. Wall-E is such a loving little guy that you tend to see past his homeliness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So expensive, great shots though.

    My Critter post, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem like a lot of money, I hope they all get good loving homes. They are cute puppies.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy