About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Folk Club - March 2011

Second Tuesday in the month means Folk Club guest night
All I can say is that last night we had a fabulous turn out - a full house
and if you came late - it was hard luck, you had to stand lol

Last night the guest performer was Martyn Wyndham - Read. 
I definitely can't describe him as well as this does
Martyn is one of our best known and respected singers, with a laid-back, hypnotic style which never fails to relax and enthrall his audiences; he is also an acknowledged expert on Australian song


He has been 'on the road' for many many years playing lots of large venues and festivals   We really enjoyed his visit to the Victorian Folk Music Club   and we were 'honoured' to have him come and perform in a small wooden hut in Ringwood East.



Asking for no flash to be used mean't rather dark photos

Perhaps you'd like to see listen to some of these youtube videos

And these are the dates for performances on Martyn's 2011 Tour
for all you know he might be playing near you
Martin's 2011 Australian Tour

So that was last night
Next month we have another coming who is sure to please
Ted Egan

4 comments:

  1. You are so fortunate, that you have somewhere nearby to go and listen to, something aside from the television!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cela devait etre une belle soiree, au son de ce guitariste

    Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great night out!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy