About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sad news from New Zealand

The news from New Zealand today about the earthquake in Christchurch (which is on the South Island) has been on tv most of our day.  Such graphic cover showing the turmoil and destruction in the city - so far I have heard that 65 people have lost their lives and the number is expected to rise considerably

Please send good thoughts the way of Michelle at Mickles Pickles - who lives in Wellington (on the North Island)  - this week she is already contending with some sad personal news but now has the worry of not hearing anything from close family who live in Christchurch

Take care Mickle - we are thinking about all our Kiwi friends across the Tasman - Zebby Cat will be a comfort to you

7 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    We saw the first news of the earthquake last night before we went to bed. We saw the terrible images this morning.

    Yes, our hearts and prayers are with those in New Zealand.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mother of a good blogging friend of mine lives in Christchurch. Terrible happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on the news, my heart goes out to new zealand...their in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I have been watching this on the news, so very sad. Am keeping everyone in my heart and prayers......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw it in the news, just looking at the damage, you know there is more dead or dying.

    Keeping them in my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully my Aunt and Uncle are okay.

    The news keeps ghetting worse as the number of those who are trapped, have died or are missing keeps growing.

    Our wonderful cousin, Australia, has already sent a large search and rescue team.

    Thank you so very much for your thoughts and prayers, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayers for New Zealand, Cathy. I was just looking at a photo in the newspaper this morning and it hit me that this could happen to any one of us and there's not much we can do about it. So horrible what has happened.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy