About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, February 4, 2011

On my mind

There are so many strange things happening in Australia and around the world at the moment  that I'm sure there are lots of things (and not all nice ones) 'on all our minds'
So please take this in the manner intended
I'm not whinging - not whining - but just wondering when - my dh will get round to making the wooden outside table he promised at the end of last Summer.

Our old one has really had it and is falling apart - part of our original garden furniture from many many years ago it hasn't been used as a 'table' for quite a few of those years now but me being what I am can't dispose of anything that still has a bit of life left in it. 

Anyway it sits beside the deck more as a decoration than useful - tho being near the garage it is handy just to plonk things on when we are passing by - trouble is the wood has deteriorated to the point where it is now becoming dangerous.

In his defence he 'has' made two benches using the pattern from the original ones and I set to and made little cushion type bolsters - reversible at that lol  At the moment they sit nicely to one side and have come in handy as extra seating when necessary

But I'm sure they will be extra special (read - useful)
 when they have a table to get cosy with:))

I did find this very old photo from the last summer (2004)  
I remember the delapidated table in use
Oh and look theres the old benches as well

Just as a sidenote
We did put a cloth on it when it was being used
The girls (cousins who are now 12 and 16) were discussing some bugs they found in the garden - no pretty cover needed - just a little wash down when they'd finished!

Why don't you Visit Rhonda
You'll see more of 'whats on the mind' of other bloggers

9 comments:

  1. My husband always tells me you cant rush these things. And hes right sometimes it only takes him about 10 years, and I'm not joking!
    I suppose it has taught me to be patient. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The benches your hubby & Cushions you made are great. Let's hope we see a matching table soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathy, found you through Rhonda's blog.
    The benches are really nice and functional, especially with their cushions ...
    As for the table, well, you never know, perhaps hubby's just waiting to surprise you when you least expect it ;-)

    Enjoyed reading through your blog too.
    Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Cathy, you did get your benches.... Ever consider trying to make a table yourself? Looks fairly easy. Then he may decide to do it instead, or you would learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Just found my way here from Rhonda's blog. Have enjoyed my stay and will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've both done a wonderful job making the new bench seats and cushions. I'd like a couple like that. Maybe you could tempt DH with a swap - a repaired table for a fresh orange cake. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Cathy. I had to laugh with this post. I hope that is okay and was intended for a chuckle.
    My hubby always has good intentions but never ever realizes how much time goes by on the calendar from when an idea begins. Then of course he either thinks he did it already or the thought is completely gone and becomes a new idea the next time it is brought up.
    I am not bashing him. We have learned our little patterns over the years and tease one another. We recently figured out for him that it helps a little to have a to-do list on the refrigerator for him to check off. Then we laugh some more and celebrate.

    You did a good job on those cushions for the benches. Your hubby did well too. They look like they came from the store instead of hand made.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like most husbands are all the same...they mean well, but put off whatever to another day! Got to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice bench & cushion! and good luck with persuading the dh with the picnic table!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy