About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, February 11, 2011

On my mind - Cool comfort

What I have 'on my mind' this week is not a real problem
but one I've been thinking about for a while  

I have an old wing back armchair out on the back deck
Someone once said it wasn't what she expected of me
 - what ever that might mean - 
and yes, maybe it does look a bit odd having it there
but its really comfortable and also really warm to sit in when we are outside on warmish winters day and cool summer days as well
On any day in fact:)

The thing is I would like to bring it back indoors

Its getting on in years now, the fabric is quite frayed, tattered and torn in places courtesy of a large family and all the cats and kittens we have had in the house so would need lots of loving attention from an upholsterer 

When it got really unsightly we decided to refurnish
Now as I'm not a big person I've always found it hard to get furniture to fit and this was one suite that fitted me perfectly - unfortunately for me what we now is enormous and not very comfortable

What you get for letting men have a choice I suppose:(

I didn't want to get rid of it so out the back it went covered by this throw over chair cover that blends in with the outdoor furniture
not the best fit but as they say better than nothing

This will tell you how long we've had it
Eldest daughter the day she was married the first time in 1983 (Ithink)
Don't ask - there have been a couple of marriages
and I never remember when they were
Thankfully she seems settled now
'Older and wiser' I think the saying is

Younger daughter on her wedding day over 20 years ago
Same chairs - same look to the house as well
There's only the one chair now - we disposed of the other and the couch 
and if I did have it recovered and brought it inside its size would make it look a bit odd
We'd have to refurnish again so it would blend in  ........which would take some explaining on my behalf lol
 
I think maybe it will have stay on the deck for another year
Mainly because I'm not the only one who enjoys its comfort :))

There are lots of things on other people's minds 

8 comments:

  1. That chair looks so comfortable, you would never be able to replace it so as long as you enjoy it....keep it!......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that cover will do nicely. love that pillow the kitty is cosing up to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Stopping over from Down to Earth...
    Being 5'4" not all chairs are comfy to set it.
    With that being said it would be very hard to get rid of a chair that fit perfectly..I would redo the chair in fabric that works with rest of decor and not worry about size..
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some chairs are just meant to be and this one FITS you and your comfort standings. Would it possibly fit in another room like a bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure dont build them like they used to. At least the kitty is enjoying it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't get rid of it. There is so much history there. Even keeping it just for the cats is nice. It's still being used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to enjoy it in the house, bring it in - maybe check for spiders and bugs. If the cover is worn, and you can afford it - have it reupholstered! I understand about the shorter chair thing, I think that's why I love the new double recliner, my feet can even touch the floor! The other furniture, I "dangle" and that's not very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I get older I find I do not care what things look like as long as they are comfortable. Fret not! A nice cover for the chair is all the redoing it needs. :)
    Happy sitting.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy