About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Concentration

A Definition of Concentration
The act or process of concentrating,
especially the fixing of close, undivided attention.

Can you do several things at once
or are you a one thing at a time person?

Are you able to concentrate with loads of noise going on all around you
or do you need peace and quiet to hear yourself think

I need quiet to do book work yet if I'm in the car I need the window open to hear the other traffic so I can concentrate on the road and know what's going on around me 

There's something about childhood concentraton I love 
Here's one of our sons aged about 3 lining up the cars and blocks
completely oblivious to all about him

4 comments:

  1. While multi tasking at housework, I love listening to loud music, it takes the chore aspect away. I love the look of total concentration one can capture on a child's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling image.

    I like a little background when doing most things: general computer stuff, cooking, knitting, crocheting.... That's probably because I grew up with two older brothers. ;) When doing the serious stuff, though, such as when I am working on my continuing education, I generally like it pretty quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time, I like dead quiet. Which is hard to find, with tinnitus. :-)

    I am a multi-tasker though, I think it's a waste of time to do just one thing, unless I am on the computer.

    Cute picture! I remember my oldest making play dough people, and a bomb could have gone off - he would not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a peace and quiet -- one thing at a time -- person and so glad I found that here in the canyon where it is so quiet and where I can decide what to do and when.--Inger

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy