About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Call me irresistible

Hello there
My name is Kiera 
Actually - to be precise my name is
Kingswood Maura Delight
But I always get Kiera at home
I am a Brown Burmese cat and am 11 years old

I came to live here when I was just a little tiny one
Unlike some of my housemates from years gone by
I didn't go on the show bench
but stayed at home and had lots of lovely little babies
Really lovely ones just like me

Now, do you remember last week
when I tried to get a bit of shut eye
on the back deck and someone
who shall remain nameless inplied I was fat
Well she didn't actually call me fat but I knew thats what she meant 

Anyway later that day she was sitting on the deck
and I came over to ask her to explain what she meant
She then asked me to come and sit with her for a while
Had to look around to make sure it was me she was talking to
She said she was sorry for offending me
Then she said, come closer
So I thought 
'I''m in with a chance here'
Oh no - thats what my Dad said when he first saw my Mum

It was so nice to be near her
and
you know how that song goes
'Lay your head on my shoulder'
Well I just laid my head on her leg
It was better than nothing as her shoulder was right up in the air

and it felt
Oh so nice and comfortable
I lay there soaking up the sunshine
wishing she's stop shoving that camera in my face

Especially when I am sleepy



and you will see
lots of other Critters from around the world





21 comments:

  1. So sweet, that sleeping face! She is a gorgeous kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one word....Beautiful
    thank you
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiera is such a beautiful cat! Aloof, as they all are, I suppose, but aren't they all? It's nice when they come and "claim" you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiera looks very handsome and full of character Thank you for the pics !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm new to your blog (a new follower as of today)...I enjoyed it so much! especially the critters...I will be back to visit again. I have a blog as well, your more than welcome to come for a visit. Have a great day! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiera you are absolutely gorgeous, in case you didn't know, she is very luck to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiera you are beautiful and sleek and have a sweet face! William the Orange asked me to tell you that on his behalf -- he's hoping you will think he's handsome :-) I think he's planning ahead with Valentine's Day!

    Visiting via Camera Critters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiera is gorgeous....but I'm sure she already knows that...vbg. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pretty kitty and she looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see pretty Kiera again. I really like Burmese cats as they are bright and super affectionate, wanting to snuggle up.

    (Amazingly my moggy has some Burmese in him - and, based on his appetite, some Garfield too, lol!)

    Great that Kiera got her snuggle time with you in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet. Her coat is gorgeous! :) Nice post.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiera is a beautiful kitty! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just beautiful with her shiny coat and that gorgeous color.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kiera, you sure are a pretty little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kiera, you are such a beauty and I love your full name too. I have always thought Maura to be such a romantic name.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy