About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Ban the Beep

I'd like to know what we did wrong to be inflicted with the beep - I'd love to know who invented the beep 'cose I'd certainly give him a piece of my mind

Not the bad word beep and not the reversing beep not even the ping beep of a low smoke alarm battery beep but that infernal one thats heard around us more and more these days - the one that seems to be attached to everything electonic.

My Dh has been party to the beep for a long time now, I have resisted for a long time whilst smiling at all those around me who were slaves of the beep. 

Sadly progress wiped the smile off my beepless face - our trusty 25 year old beepless microwave packed up last year and I reluctantly joined the beep society.  There is nothing attractive about a microwave that beeps at you - and I have been known to tell it so across the  kitchen.  Its almost like someone snapping their fingers and expecting you to drop everything and attend to the needs - doesn't happen in my house lol

Christmas time saw me falling more and more under its spell - I entered a new phase of my life by becoming the owner of a mobile phone - yes, up till now if 'they' wanted to talk to me 'they' had to wait till I was ready to speak to them.  Unfortunately this thing beeps when 'they' decide they really need me to know something and text knowing my curiosity will get the better of me

Oh dear, and you know what.....last week another wedge was driven into my desire for a beepless life when the new fridge/freezer was delivered and had the audacity to beep at me when I stood at the door pondering.

And then not content with just finishing a wash and coming to a standstill - guess what the new washing machine did - yes the beeping thing beeped at me!

I've had enough.........I've decided I'm going out to protest......I'm going to stand outside the electrical stores with a placard......a large one .......one that says Ban the Beep

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, especially the microwave. it beebs and if you dont rush over immediately it beebs again. I too have been know to yell at it from accross the house. lol
    At least the washing machine doesnt beeb, it plays a lovely tune when it requires my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you get the beeps under control, let's get to work on all those little LED lights that stay on all over the house and bedroom when we try to sleep!

    We're on a roll now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, (it must have been a man that invented the beep)I have 4 beeping things, the washing machine beeps and keeps beeping until the lid is opened,(although, it can be ignored quite successfully) my microwave beeps a few times and then shuts up :) my phone, I can turn to silent or turn off, and last the beeping fridge/freezer. Beep Beep Beep Beep (I have beeped out my swearing lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder why blogger skipped this one? Love the post. Indeed we are all slaves to the beep. Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy