About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday January 20th 2011

Thinking about today reminded me of a monthly meme that ran for 12 months in 2008
Called A Day in my Life it was organised by Little Jenny Wren
It was good fun and I looked forward to the 14th of each month
so I could talk about my daily happenings

Anyway today is the 20th of the month but never the less
I'm thought I'd tell you about my day today lol 

An early wake up call courtesy of my neighbours motor bike meant I was awake about 6.30am:(.  Red's back on ABC breakfast radio after his summer break so we listened till 7am when I got up, made us our early cup of tea and came back to bed.  No reason to be up that early so it was a lazy lie in today:)    Brought my breakfast and knitting to bed and had Kiera for company while Dh had his as he checked emails and other bits and pieces.  Don't often have lazy mornings like this and I certainly enjoyed it lol

Pottered around doing all those morning jobs - dishes and bed, checked some blogs, the bank and my emails, then we went to get fruit and veg from a local greengrocers.  Normally well priced but I was not overjoyed when I saw the price on the till roll.  Almost double our regular order - I think the drought and the floods are beginning to tell.

Remember the flowers from the last post - the roses I brought inside a week ago
Well this is what they looked like this morning.  Being down in the dumps as I was last week I really didn't take much notice of things around me and hadn't realised they were on the way out.  So they went out to the compost quick smart.

Was a bit chilly while we were down the road (9c/49f overnight) but soon warmed up and I pottered round the back garden deadheading and weeding then took time to get rid of - or rather put away - the last of the Christmas stuff that hadn't found its way back into the garage.  I put the little line back in its bag over Christmas but it didn't stay there for long as it rained again so I'm leaving it up for the time being lol

It wasn't take long before trouble aka Kiera turned up
She's still following me around like a shadow wanting to know what I'm up to all the time

We had a little lunch outside followed by coffee and a sit down .  Sounds like a really busy day so far lol ................I hadn't intended to do much today 'cept enjoy it and knitting and reading seemed as good a way as any.  Dh will be away for a few days next week so a quiet day together is nice now and again

 I'm in the middle of knitting some slippers for a friend's husband
 in a very serviceable male colour.   
Told you she stays close by!
The afternoon was so peaceful and quiet out there - I think the neighbours children were away for the day and nobody was using their lawn mower (thats a sunday job in our street) but too much of a good thing doesn't do you any good so I finally had to come inside about 6pm and think about dinner.  Warm afternoons and evenings mean light meals for us so it was scrambled eggs and salad folowed by a fresh fruit and little yogurt.

Now its (supposedly) high summer there isn't a huge amount flowering in my garden however I did manage to find some flowers this morning to bring inside for the hall table.
Roses, buddleia, lavender and some fuschia 


So a very quiet day - not much done as far as housework - yuk ghastly word!! - but much done on the relaxation dept.

I've enjoyed this so may even do it again next month

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a nice relaxing day. We have at least 6 feet of snow on the ground so even your rose petals looked beautiful to me. I do hope your day today is just as lovely......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely as I sit here reading and looking up occasionally to see more snow falling. Housework can wait, it will always be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to spend a quiet day at your house! Your flowers are gorgeous, what a lovely arrangement!
    Kiera is a pretty cat, such great coloring! Cute little portable clothes dryer! I used to have a big one like that out in the back yard - very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After following the news on all the flooding disasters in Australia it is comforting to know calm is still found in some parts of our country.

    This week the Oprah show has been showing her visit to Australia. I have seem some of them and enjoy the scenery.

    My sister is coming to Sydney to visit our niece who lives there. I wish I had the money to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely day. Thank you for sharing and letting me walk along with you. Your new bouquet of flowers is beautiful! I loves the colors and how they compliment one another.

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I am curious about the memoir book in your photo of knitting. It looks like the author is named Jennifer. The book title is the same as your blog site. Is there a significance in that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lie-in sounds like my Saturday morning lie-in. Sounds as if you had a nice peaceful day. I'm curious about the book as well, it looks like a good read (the cover looks interesting)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy