About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Funny ol' week

Have felt a bit off this past week - no energy, no enthusiasm, no interest in anything at all.
It was hot and humid for a while then wet and today has been really cold - its been a week of watching the terrible events unfold in Queensland and now in Victoria and feeling a bit unwell at times.  Physically as well as mentally.

A phone call yesterday and a letter today seemed to bring me back to life again - I had a call from my lovely friend Bonnie who lives in Nova Scotia and we laughed and joked about the great time we had in Newfoundland last yearso when I came off the phone I began to realise there was nothing I could do about events of that scale here  or elsewhere. Then I received a letter from Ann in Alberta, the widow of Dh's friend Gorton (who passed away last year) and she reminded me that life is to be lived and not worried about. 
So here I am again - wondering what I can talk about this evening.
 
There's economics - gas and electric companies have raised their prices.  Not content with charging us higher prices for the power they have also raised the supply cost as well. Means we will have to find an extra $90 a year just for that - not so much a problem for us but could be for others.  This is the time off the year when  I look at finances - you know that thing of totalling last years bills and dividing the totals to arrive at monthly figures.  Most years we are good at coping (even saving) but with so many goods and comodities going up in price I'm thinking some of our pleasures may have to go down -or even out the door lol

Then theres the family history I'm trying to research.  Have learn't some upsetting things about one of Dh's GtAunts - I know it was the times (1912) and this went on - am still trying to get facts together so I'll write about it another day 

And then there's the garden
I don't often bring the roses into the house but these looked so good outside
I wanted to enjoy them inside

I started this last night - Tuesday
Will be back soon
hopefully more sociable

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    It's always nice to get a call from an old friend. So many (myself included) think it's fine to dash off and email and think we are in touch. It's nice to talk. Real mail! That's almost ancient anymore! So you truly scored!

    Oh, I do love your roses, you must have "the touch"! Beautiful!

    Have a good day (day?) now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Budgets and balancing figures....I don't envy you. May I laughingly just stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes? Maybe it will all go away then right? haa haa

    Your roses are heavenly and you have very much a gift for flower arranging. I can never get my vases to look half as nice.

    Have a blessed and wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful arrangement of roses. I appreciated seeing them. Brining ay flowers in from the garden is only a dream for us here under all the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy