About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Corn and crackers do mix

Theres something about those corny jokes/riddles that come along with the paper hat and sometimes a little charm type gift inside the crackers we put on the table at Christmas. 
They sort of make you laugh but theres always a pull of the mouth and a funny noise like a groan to go with it. 

Clearing up this afternoon I found 4 small pieces of paper tucked inside a book.  I know I was looking at this book Christmas afternoon and must have put them there as a bookmark - and then promptly forgot about them. 

So here for your enjoyment are the four most memorable but misplaced jokes -  in our house - from Christmas 2010.


Q.  What did the hat say to the scarf?

A.  You hang around while I go on ahead!


Q.  What is yellow and white and goes down a train track at 100 miles an hour

A. A train drivers egg sandwich!


Q. What did the martian say to the petrol pump?

A. Take your finger out of your ear whe I'm talking to you!


Q. What do you get when you cross a parrot with a centipede

A. A Walkie-Talkie!

Corny indeed but we love them lol

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy!

    I used to have a "Corney Jokes Book" that I kept in the bathroom for light reading. :-) I don't remember any of them, but they were pretty bad (good)LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. groan! they are very sad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, put the paper back in the book. LOL Oh how my dad would have loved those. He was the corny joke king of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy,
    lovely to establish contact again !
    Kept being told i wasn't an invited reader !
    Enjoyed jokes,thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Funny and simple I like that. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha the jokes are the best part of christmas dinner.
    Makes hanging out with the relos bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved those jokes! I think that the corny ones are the best. They makes us smile for the sheer enjoyment and creativity of it all. My daughter said one today and for the life of me can't remember it now to share here. Sigh....

    I like the new look of your blog. Isn't it fun to do different things sometimes?

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These jokes are only worthy of being items in Christmas crackers. They are to humour what the paper hat is to a fedora.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy