About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Still kids at heart

Three of my oldest grandchildren are maturing so quickly
At 17, 16 and 15 they are all finding their ways at school
as well as out in the community
They are fast becoming
the young men and women of tomorrow
They love the life they are living


Happily there's one thing I'm glad they haven't forgotten
and thats to have fun

We were lucky to have a clear day earlier in the month
for some of us to have a pre Christmas get together
at son no2's new home  

And once again I sat and watched them wondering 
if these times are when the idea of pecking order
or fathoming out the strategies of life is worked out

Using the inground trampoline to jump over a rope
their age often means they can 'con' (persuade)
two of the younger ones
to hold the rope 


but its fend for yourself when it comes to another game



One of the younger cousins has the height
to muck in with the older ones
but our little 13yr old shorter one in the pale top
just tags along watching whats going on
hoping for a go

Now give her the chance to go an a 5 km hike
and she'll be first in line
I wonder if she's going to be the thinking one

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, Cathy! I remember when the kids were smaller, and they turned out so differently than I thought they would, when they started to be young men and women. I honestly had a couple of them pegged to be juvenile delinquents spending time behind bars. LOL!

    You have a nice looking bunch, there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see you spending time with your lovely grandchildren Cathy. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Glad to hear the weather has finally perked up a bit.....

    Gill in a snowy and cold Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am missing mine, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family/

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy