About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reminder to ones self

It doesn't matter how hot it is or how much of a hurry you are in to go to the loo - you must close the windows of your car. 

Sudden torrential downpours like Melbourne has been getting recently don't do much for the interior.  Sitting on several towels you've put on the seat so you don't have a wet b'um as well as to try and dry the rain soaked seat doesn't feel good - in fact it means you have to lower the seat because your head nearly touches the interior roof.

Good job we are using Dh's car to drive interstate in the morning as mine is starting to smell a bit musty.  Must make a note that on the next bright dry sunny day I must remember to open all the doors and windows.  Will need some Glen '20 as well as Febre'ze - goodness knows what it will be like after being closed up for the next 7 days :((

Bye for now
See you all sometime next week
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, I so understand. The one time a window was left slightly open in our car was the day we finally got some rain after a long drought. The leather seat has dried out, but no permanent damage and the maps that were in the door pocket have been replaced. It wasn't fun, but it is fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can relate to that one for sure. Here in Portland we definitely have our seasons of rain. My car always smells musty in the winter because of all the continual wet.
    Once I left my window open in the rain and it shorted out the window control panel on my door. I was able to get it working again by taking a hairdryer to it for a couple hours.

    Have a blessed trip and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness, been there done that more times in my life than I care to remember! Sure does make for a murky odor!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy