About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I wonder where they come up with these things

More goodies from my Inbox - not sure how they could have got that email address 'cose it was raised specifically for this blog

Anyway this first one is one of those spiffing thingies - but is just too funny.  I read it and burst out laughing - of course if I was dead I wouldn't have known all about it lol  Not sure where the pictures got to either.

Attention:

My name is Mrs. Rose Edward of the International Monetary Fund investigation unit.
Attached pictures was received and forwarded to our office here in London UK today 15 of DECEMBER 2010, requesting that your unclaimed fund be paid to Messes Jacobs Enterprises.

In the said letter of change of beneficiary/ownership, representatives of messes Jacobs' enterprises states that you are dead and as such your fund should be paid to him as the next of kin to you.

Because of the elaborate global scam, we decided to contact you for confirmation.

If after two working days, no response is received from you, it will be assumed that you are dead and as such authorisation and approval will be granted on behalf of Messer's Jacobs Enterprises to claim/receive your fund.

Confirm this pictures and reconfirm your Information to me the Followings.

(1) Your full name.

(2) Phone, fax and mobile #.

3) company's name, position and address.

4) Profession, age and marital status.

5) Copy of int'l passport or any scanned identity to prove yourself.

And how you want your fund paid to you without further delay if you are still alive.

Send your response to my email address: mrsroseedward51@kimo.com

Regards

Mrs. Rose Edward
=================================================

Now this one that seems to hail from a different country


From Miss sandra williams


Dearest one,

My name is Miss Sandra Williams. I hail from Monrovia, Liberia, I and my younger brother Jeff are the only surviving children of our late parents Mr. and Mrs. Richard williams. Our father was a highly reputable and successful Gold dealer before he was killed during the war in my country.

We re-located to Cote d'Ivoire under political asylum as refugees from Liberia, our mother died on the 12th of Feb 2009. Before my mother died, she gave me the documents of the fund my late father deposited in a security company here in Abidjan. She told me that the box content's the sum of US $18.5m (Eighteen million five hundred thousand USD) and was deposited as Family Gold for security reasons. We need your assistance to claim this deposit out from the security company. This fund was deposited in a security company here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire and my name was written and signed as the next of kin to this deposit.

We want you to assist us in retrieving this deposit out from the security company as the beneficiary of the deposit, and also assist us to invest these fund in any country of your choice under your care.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1. Can you honestly help us with fear of God?

2. Can we completely trust you?

3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please, Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible,Once the fund transfers to you we will come over to your country on investment negotiation.

Thank you so much and God bless.

Sincerely, Sandra Williams.


I can laugh and brush these aside but of course the sad thing is that so many desperate people have been taken in and provided all the asked for information

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure there are gullible people all over the world, it is such a shame. I do wonder how many people would fall for such a scam? Yes, I agree with you, they are getting too funny! I haven't had any in a while, for which I am glad, but it just shows you how easy it is to get your name and email address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I too received an email from Sandra Williams, they do seem to be getting funnier. Like Sharon, I wonder how people fall for them. I usually read, laugh and delete, although I have heard of people answering them and trying to scam the scammer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We receive those by fax all the time at work... makes me feel sad for those who are not savvy enough to know they are scams

    Happy Holidays to you Cathy... I wish you and your family the best over the holiday season

    Cheers
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a sad world when people come into your home, via your inbox, and try to stooge you. But at least we can laugh about it. Im sure there are plenty of others, who are so honest they cant imagine others not being honest, that are now not laughing. The saddest fact in all this is now those same honest people will probably never trust anyone again. And that burns me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't seen those two before, normally we get them from Nigerians.

    It is sad how many people are sucked into these scams.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully my email provider does a wonderful job of screening these emails out of my inbox. I too wonder who would respond to such a random inquiry. However I actually have a good friend who is well educated and works in a corporate position of trust who was taken by a Nigerian eBay scheme. I still cannot believe this friend actually let greed overcome logical thought.

    Happy Holidays to you and yours Cathy. Thank you for making my year 2010 better through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I receive at least one of these a day and I cannot believe people respond to these but I know some do.....Merry Christmas Cathy..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cathy, loved the link!
    No I dont know anyone who has fallen for this, it just I get really upset that one human can do this to another. Its ok though I got to have my rant so thanks for that.
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy,

    Yes, there is always something from someone, isn't there. Sadly, there are people out there who will fall for these things, too.

    Merry Christmas!

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy
    Many thanks for the lovely message you left on RD. I have been too busy knitting, sewing, baking and organising the house ready for all the visitors to write anything for the blog lately but perhaps a New Year Resolution will get me back to it!

    I hope you have a very happy Christmas and may 2011 be a healthy and prosperous year for you and yours.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy