About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A hot Saturday in Adelaide

Our Long Weekend away was hot - very hot and humid  
So what did I do to pass the time
when Dh was busy with other things 
(which I'll tell you about in another post)

On the Saturday I tootled over with  friends to Port Adelaide and the old mill area
to have a look at what was going on at the Celtica Festival

I have a liking for music, any music - and anything concerned with music
so this was a fabulous way to spend the day
Along with the music and dance
 there was also an art festival taking place
There were lots of stalls and displays as well 

This is what was promised at the outdoor stage
A huge lineup of musicians

Blackbird
Blackbird is a dynamic group of musicians playing an exciting mix of traditional Celtic and original tunes.
Jack Brennan leads the fairly new group
Amongst other instruments he plays the Uilleann pipes
This was the line up for Fiddle Chicks

We watched those two groups plus another and then decided to have a look around
(I'll tell you about the other group another day)

Taking our time we walked down looking at the strip of stalls and once again I found artists 
unwilling to have their handiwork photographed:((
Of course I managed to find a bench - this one was empty
Impossible to understand in the heat
Same tree on the way back
The bench on this side of the tree was well and truly being used lol 

It was so very hot and we'd had enough so decided to return to the stage area
just managing to catch Eric Bogle's set
Well known world wide he had John Munro from Colcannon to accompany him


We left and went home after their set - so hot and humid and uncomfortable
Then after a quick shower we were off to the Glenelg Surf Club
for a meal with our fellas later in the evening

OK so I should know that horizontal stripes add width
but
from the look of that photo
the WW books are certainly coming out really soon LOL

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy all types of music to Cathy BUT I really LOOOVE celtic.
    Sounds like your having a good time
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds like fun Cathy, except for the heat and humidity, that is! I love celtic music!
    Stripes? Aah, who cares? You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why Cathy, you sure do know how to have fun!!!
    Good for you, your family, and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you had a good time. I enjoy the sounds of Celtic music as well. My daughter was just showing me some youtube videos the other day with the Celtic Women singing Christmas songs. They sounded perfectly wonderful!
    You look happy in your photo stripes or not.

    Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy