About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Day out down by the beach

The weather man seems to be getting it right this week
and I'm pleased about that
Fine dry days - a bit blowy but basically good

Just as well because we'd sort of promised
one of our families who'd gone away for the week
we'd pop down to where they were and see them
because they won't be home for Christmas Day

They had taken a week at a resort just over an hours drive from home
Yes, we will go away that close to home
if the accomodation is down by the beach lol

So yesterday (Thursday) Dh and I
popped all their pressies into the car
and made the long journey
way down to the Mornington Peninsula

We met up with them at Rosebud 
and walked out along the very windy Jetty
Looked out over the water and back to land
Remembering times gone by
when we would bring the children down for the day
Then we made our way down to Cape Schank
to see the Lighthouse
We saw the  rugged coastline
Took a walk along a boardwalk - up and down many steps 
and came face to face with the stony beach down below
I'll fill you in on our day out over the next few posts

7 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh, blue skies, beach, everything I am dreaming of in this white world of ours I could cope with that kind of Christmas so much better, have a great one it's almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. i could walk there with you now.
    Have a happy Christmas with the family and speak to you next year.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great (beautiful day!!!) pictures! I wish I was there! Have a great day and enjoy the family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scenes of sun, sand and coast.
    It has been years since I was last at a sea coast. It is very different from what I am used to.

    Merry Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very sunny, I hope the wind wasnt too cold. So it sound like you had a nice christmas, I do hope santa was good to you, you are such a great lady how could he not be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful area. Wonderful images!

    It is warm here for Christmas, too.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful area. Wonderful images!

    It is warm here for Christmas, too.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy