About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Boxing Day thoughts

As I was clearing up the casual outdoor crockery I thought how pleased I was we had decided on a very simple meal instead of some of the extravaganzas I’ve done in the past. It had been so lovely to see some of our children on Christmas Day - we spoke to some on the phone and had visits from the others.  The family who were away even changed their plans and drove home for a short while so they could be with us, which made it even more special. 

This years decision for a simple Christmas also meant there was only one tree in the house and not the several others (including a big 7ft one in the lounge) that I often put round the house – ‘cose the grandchildren love to se them.  What was special was the fact that grandchildren didn’t notice I forgot to put a star on top of that small tree in the hallway lol


How I love receiving surprise gifts like this big bundle of fresh veggies
 and the tomatoes from a home garden

How I love those spur of the moment decisions to do something, When they had all gone and we’d eaten lunch we decided to take a drive – I had no idea where we were going ‘cept it was near Healesville – about half an hour away - off the main highway and down some small roads – into the forest and over a ford.

We ended up at Donnelly Weir –
 a good choice, as you all know how much I love fresh air sunshine and water.  

We had a good stroll along one of the trails seeing how much it has recovered since the Black Saturday bushfires in 2009

And how I love the fact that now the drought has come to an end and we have had rain there are loads of wildflowers in bloom
Like this Fringe Lily

All photos will enlarge
click and then click again

 to see more worlds  
My World Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. The Fringe Lily is beautiful! Donnelly Weir looks like my kind of place. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of Christmas! Easy - LOL! Love your beautiful vegetables, they look so good, I could eat some of them right now!

    Your drive was beautiful, and that Fringe Lily is nothing like any I have ever seen! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know I totally agree, simple is best when it comes to Christmas as that way everyone enjoys it, and no one gets stuck in the kitchen cooking all day.

    That all looks like a wonderful place you visited.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderful Christmas I see.

    Happy new year. May it bring you and yours prosperity and good health.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy