About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Who can answer my question

The day before we took the ferry to Newfoundland
we had a meal in a pub
right next to the ferry terminal in North Sydney
Called Rollies Wharf - it was a fun place
Food was good but what was even better was the session that took place as the night went on

I wont say much today - I'll leave that for another day
Today I need an answer to a question
one I think my some of my North American readers could have the answer to

Outside of Rollies was a plant - sort of like a small bush
Covered in these huge flowers

It looked like a Hydrangea to me - the long shape of the flower head reminded me of
'cept it had the wrong shaped leaves
These were not oak leaf shaped but as you can see longer  

When we get to Dh's cousins house she had a similar shrub
'cept much taller and its flowering wasn't as advanced
but look what I did see in hers lol
Not one but two bees lol
I forgot to ask the cousin the nameof the plant
So who is going to put me out of my misery?

To see more beautiful flowers from around the world

9 comments:

  1. Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I have enjoyed the pictures. It looks like a type of hydrangea to me, but I am not an expert on this one.

    Thanks for the great pictures. I'll check back to see if anyone else has been able to answer your question. I'd like to know the answer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a bit like a buddleia, maybe from that family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite correct that it is indeed one of the Paniculata Hydrangees... often referred to as PeeGee... there are a large number of cultivars of this plant... the first appears to be the actual' PeeGee' whereas the second has the look of the cultivar called 'Unique'... many new cultivars are coming on the market all the time... some involve color selection, others involve the size of the sterile florets... lots of possibilities here with an easy to raise plant! L

    ReplyDelete
  4. We call them hydrangea here. They dry very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I am so glad someone answered your question- I knew it was a hydrangea- but not the specific type. I just ended up here by way of a little blog surfing- you know- start one place and end up another! I love your blog- love that you live in a far away place- love it here for my visit! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon break here with you!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother used to call them snowbrush but they are definitedly are hydrangeas....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found the answer to your question, I had no idea, much as I love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well goodness my answer seems to be different from everyone else. Maybe I am wrong in my answer.
    I used to have a bush just like that in my front yard and the tag said it was called a Butterfly Bush. It attracted many a butterfly and bees alike and had a wonderful fragrance. I ended up digging it up and transplanting it in my mom's yard because it grew too quickly for our small landscape area.
    Here is a link to butterfly bushes: http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/mvv2-94.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eu também não conheço esta flor, mas ela é linda e suas fotos também.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy