About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We're home - whats for tea??

I'm wondering if theres ever been a time
when you've gone out really early
and taken the train or the bus to the city 
leaving the car in a half full station car park
After the journey home later that day
you've got off at your station along with loads of other people 
 wandered over to the car park
and stared 'cose it was completly full
of commuter's cars that had arrived after you left
on your journey much early that morning 

I have 
and I have also been known to stand there
and wonder where my car was lol 

That little scenario is what I immediately thought of
when I saw these photos in one of the trip folders

The day we we were in Skagway  
we and loads of other cruise ship passengers
had had a fabulous train trip
on the White Pass and Yukon Railway
arriving back 'home' late in the afternoon

This shows some of us who had stayed in town for a while
wandering back to the ship
looking forward to a nice cup of tea and
wondering what was on the menu for dinner that evening

When we got to the end of the train this is what we saw
A dock full of cruise ships lol

Four of them to be exact -
I had to use the wide angle to get them all in lol
I overheard a lady ask her very tired and very irritable husband
(I'm assuming that's who he was)
Which one's ours honey?
How the h... would I know, he said
After a while they all look the same!!

Luckily I knew which was mine and where it was parked lol

4 comments:

  1. That would be a daunting predicament! The two ships on the left look almost identical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful to come here and see your photos of beautiful Skagway. i just loved Alaska and it's been too long since that trip. but your photos are such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,

    Yes, the cruise ports are getting more and more crowded.

    Just love your pictures. I hope to see more of your cruise.

    Best,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know exactly what you mean about the parking lot, Cathy!
    It used to be nice when cars had antennas, just plunk a weird colored foam ball on the end and you could spot your car in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy