About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Long walk - lots of sit downs

After the very long flight from Australia to Vancouver last August
we certainly needed time to rest up before the Alaskan cruise 
So as well as part days - arrival day and departure day
we decided on having one full day in town as well

This time we planned to start the day by walking from our hotel
over Burrard Bridge to visit the Maritime Museum
 missed out on our last time in town
wander round Vanier Park and then make our way to Granville Island

We had a day of blue skies and sunshine
This photo is of a beach close to the Maritime Museum
Taken from one of the rear windows 

And here is the start of our long walk
Wandering over the grass I came across this strange sculpture
Couldn't find any information near it and haven't been able to find any since getting home either
Does anyone know its name and why its there?

We did discover an abundance of benches along the way
Some of which came in very handy

 There were doubles
Heres a couple of singles 
All with views of  downtown Vancouver

As I said lovely sunny skies with a hint of cloud build up
Perfect for walking

We'll go further another day

all the photos enlarge
click and then click again

This is my Skywatch Friday post
for more skies from around the world
Also my Scenic Sunday post
Beautiful scenes from around the world can be


 

14 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! My niece lives in Vancouver - I'm not surprised she loves it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! How nice to see a bit of summer. :) August is beginning to seem so long ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh great post & I love that sky!!

    Happy SWF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love that art work, very interesting!

    Fiery sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures !!
    Love the views...
    SWF greetings from Holland,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots, whichever direction you look in Vancouver, the view is fantastic.

    Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vancouver is beautiful when it is sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh!!!! Love these sunny warm pictures. In Stockholm it´s 0 degrees C and wet snow are falling. Like to change places ;-)
    Thanks for sharing this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful views of Vancouver. Looks like you had great weather and skies too. Wonderful photos. Looking forward to seeing some shots from your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful scenery! I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the long walk.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the second last shot of the bench and city as a background.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy