About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tuesday October 12

We've had some beastly weather this past week
so I thought I'd reflect on one of the good days
but also show you a little of the area
close to where I live 

The good day was
MY Birthday lol

We (Dh and I) celebrated 
with lunch at his golf club in Healesville
a half hour drive from our house


This is the view from the Terrace
Thats the Great Dividing Range in the background 



Mt. Riddell in in the centre of the picture




Maroondah Dam is just a few kilometres up the road
and I'd heard the spillway was overflowing

This has been a rare occurance the past few years
Drought causes hardship to everyone in the country 
no matter where they live

This dam was quite low and now with all the rain
over the past few months has filled considerably
(if you wait a while you'll see)  
but to see this happening almost brings tears to the eyes 





We decided to walk up the Rose Stairway to get to the top of the wall

Well - Dh strode up
Look at the fabulous Rhododendron still  in bloom


Heres me plodding my way up
Its those funny knees you know lol


Had a little walk along the Dam Wall

Looked over the side
and what did we see
But
Water Water everywhere

Water for the drinking of
because after treatment
it ends up being delivered in pipes to our door

This is looking towards the Outlet Tower

This is looking out to the middle of the resevoir

And to top it all off I even saw a bench
placed strategically along the walkway


There are a lot of photos on these web sites
giving all sorts of information about the dam
and the surrounding park

We have walking trails there
as well as picnic tables and BBQs
Lots of lovely space for people to have fun

If you look at the picture on the wiki site
showing the outlet tower
you will see how low it got







for more Scenic Sundays from around the world

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful area. Glad you had a nice day.
    Happy Birthday
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    queste immagini sono molto belle del tuo mondo... stupenda l'albero in fiore !
    Buona giornata :)
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful place. I can see you enjoyed your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cathy - what a wonderful way to spend your birthday. A pleasant lunch with your Dh, and then seeing a water reservoir so full that the water authorities are using the spillway! Such an incredible sight after all that Victoria has been through.

    Sending care, love and huggles, Michelle

    (Zebby Cat is in the shower, having a drink - I keep having to pour a cup of water in there for him now he has decided that drinking out of a bowl isn't his thing. Thank goodness the showerbase doesn't drain evenly!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very scenic and such lovely series of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy,
    Happy Birthday. We share the same day.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, great shots and yes it is very emotional to see so much water, and greenery, after all the dry.
    as for the joke, I laughed. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a wonderful birthday outing, lunch with beautiful mountain and water views!

    Happy Birthday Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little late, I know, but Happy birthday !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scenery there. A sight for sore eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's never too late to say "Happy Birthday!".. Hihi.. It looks like you really enjoyed the day. And the scenery shots.. totally awesome captures. =)

    Anyway, here's mine for Scenic Sunday.. please check it out and drop a comment. Thanks a bunch.. =)

    http://neneleah30.blogspot.com/2010/10/beach-scenic-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! What beautiful pictures! I called my hubby to come see them they were so pretty. Looks like you had a great day. Happy late Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my poor knees, but your waterfall is beckoning to go.

    Looks like you two had a great day. Happy belated birthday,

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy