About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Time is running out

I have been feeling so sad this week
Last weekend I spoke to my friend Anne in Calgary 
The news is not good

Gorton - Dh's airforce friend
the one we visited recently (last month) whilst in Calgary,
has been told the Chemotherapy has not 'worked'
and he must move from the Cancer Unit
and find a Palliative Care bed in a Hospice

All they can do now is wait :((  

I wonder what they were laughing at ?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read this. Bless his heart. I know first hand that Hospice is a wonderful help in times like this. You can sure tell he was happy to see your hubby. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Cathy, cancer has been running rampant all over the world. So hate this terrible disease.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless him, and all those who love and care for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I am so sorry.
    I am really glad that they are smiling. Whatever is making it happen, they look to be genuine smiles and that is so important. No matter what the day holds and how much time there is, each day is a gift to be used with blessing and purpose. Laughing is a great part of that.
    Goodness I remember a few months back I had prepared some meals and put them in the freezer for Daddy while I went back home to visit my family. I told him that the round containers were safe for the microwave but the square ones needed the food taken out and put into something else before going in the microwave. When he asked me what the difference was and I started explaining that the round containers were the made of the safe plastic that doesn't cause cancer....well we both started laughing so hard. It was a good laugh and one of those many times where we have learned to see joy in its proper perspective.
    I am sorry I have rambled on here going on and on.

    I pray your day is filled with blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy