About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Lemons

I'm carrying a little bit of extra baggage at the moment
Came home with a few extra kilos
that I didn't take out of the country with me
so I'm back to walking the streets again

It does give me a chance to look at gardens as I pass by
and when I saw this Lemon tree hanging over the fence
I remembered a job that was waiting for me at home

Sqeezing the lemons I'd been given over a week ago
then freezing them in small portions



As you see below I don't use ice cube trays
I find they are too small
so what I do use is the 'egg tray' from the fridge
as I find the holes are just the right size

Job started - grated some of the peel later
('cose I didn't remember till I'd actually finished)
A little trick is to pop the lemons in the microwave for a few seconds
to warm them up
That way you get loads more juice

When I'd finished there was enough to fill the tray more than twice

I like a glass of hot water with fresh lemon juice first thing in the morning
or hot water, lemon juice and honey if we aren't feeling too good

7 comments:

  1. Mmm, makes my mouth water looking at them.I love lemons,have ate them with salt since I was a kid. Makes me want a lemon cream pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you.....I have a prolific lime tree.....4 crops a year.....in desperation I have taken to making lime marmalade. Now my freezer is full of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great! Having those lemons to enjoy later is just wonderful. :) Thanks for your process instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I have never seen a lemon tree, and I could almost smell the lemons through my computer screen. I love lemon in my water, use is all the time. Thanks for sharing my friend...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. it must be lovely to be able to pick fresh lemons....I love making lemon curd....wrong time of year for us though over here.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at them makes my mouth water. Have you ever made lemon butter (or lemon curd?)with them? My dad has a lemon tree in his yard and makes batches of lemon butter. Wishing I had some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy,
    How wonderful. Today I watched a show on how to make preserved lemons to cook with. I plan to make a jar soon.
    Have a wonderful week end.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy