About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Irish Jokes

My Dad was an Irishman - and he loved jokes that made fun of his people.  He'd object a bit to those who called him Paddy - my name's Jim, he'd say, and I prefer you to call me that. 
Nearly everyone did - 'cept for Mum and her point of view was that she'd call him whatever she wanted - Dad just took the attitude that there was no use fighting with her 'cose she'd win every time and answered to whatever she called him lol

Anyway I had this funny Irish joke I had planned to tell you today - and what do I see when I visited Frogdancer's Blog (Dancing with Frogs) but some of the very same lol

So heres mine:

Paddy was waiting at the bus stop with his mate Mick, when a lorry went by loaded up with rolls of turf.
Paddy said, I’m goin’ ta do that when I win lottery
What's that says Mick.
Send me lawn away to be cut.

Boom Boom


and here's a sample of Frogdancer's:

Paddy goes to the vet with his goldfish.
I think it’s got epilepsy, he tells the vet.
Vet takes a look and says, It seems calm enough to me.
Paddy says, I haven’t taken it out of the bowl yet.


Paddy’s in jail.
Guard looks in his cell and sees him hanging by his feet.
What the hell you doing, he asks.
Hanging myself, Paddy replies.
It should be around your neck, says the Guard.
I know, says Paddy,
but I couldn’t breathe.

For more laughs pop over to read the rest at Dancing with Frogs

3 comments:

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy