About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My World Tuesday


Guess what has become my latest obsession lol

There seem to be benches all over the place
I'm seeing them everywhere I go these days lol

These ones in Croydon's Main Street
were waiting patiently for weary shoppers

Not in use this day - far too cold and windy
Hardly anyone walking along this lovely tree lined street

Shops all the way up the street and down the other side
Strip shopping - that's the way we used to shop
before large airconditioned shopping centres appeared

clicking on the photos will enlarge them

On this particular day
it was hope for a parking spot
close to where you want to go
Out of the car - do what you have to do
Back in again and off home
Quick smart

These circular seats/benches are quite new
Maybe there will be takers come the Summer  

Mind you it can have a similar look
on days when its 35c/95f lol


To see more places from around the world

6 comments:

  1. I love the great benches in your world! Fun look at your world today, and great captures as well! Enjoy your week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Cathy I was wondering how you and your husband were as you don't seem to post so often, I loved the photo's they are exceptionally good.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks cold and windy out there. I like those old street with their typical shops. To me they look so much better than shopping malls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots of the benches and the area around is so colorful. I like those round benches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, benches at public places are interesting subjects. wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy