About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Folk Club NIght again

Those special Tuesday folk club nights keep on coming
Last month Dh wasn't well enough to go but this month
we were down the road well before the normal time

We knew the hall would be packed because this months special artists were 
THE BORDERERS

This husband and wife 'group' are from Adelaide and so much fun to see and hear
Favourites at many of the folk festivals
both here in Australia and also overseas
We were so lucky to get them booked to appear at our 'little' folk club

The Borderers are well known performers at many of the world�s top music festivals having played Byron Bay Blues & Roots, Port Fairy Folk, Edinburgh and Womad Festivals in Australia and the UK � as well as touring Canada and the USA. They�ve also supported artists including Tom Jones, The Proclaimers, The Saw Doctors and Shane McGowan from The Pogues.


Now sometimes they appear with a large backing
sometimes just on their own
It was just the two of them on Tuesday night
but what a noise they made

Alex has a voice that is powerful and clear as a bell
Jim compliments her in every way
matching her energy - revelling in her enthusiasm
and just having fun

I think these - not very good photos - tell the tale 
A packed hall meant I was hemmed in - not good for picture taking
Too many standing at the back - I couldn't get a spot there either lol

Introduction time
Feeling the words
Sharing a joke
Didn't stand still all evening
One moment to check their play list
Seemed like the only time they did stand still lol
What it's all about

Click on the photos to enlarge
Check the links and listen to their music
I'm sure you will enjoy it

1 comment:

  1. I always smile when I get a picture of wives and husbands out having a good time together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy