About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

There's rain in them there hills

Most Saturday mornings
I take the five minute drive from our place down to Montrose
and for most of the year this is how the Dandenongs have looked
as I walked from the carpark to the pet shop
 to pick up the cat meat. 

TV masts clearly in view
with some cloud along the ridge
and blue sky in the background 

click photos to enlarge


But yesterday this was what I saw
A very heavy laden sky 
casting a dark shadow over everything around about
Somewhere in the mist are those huge TV masts

As I walked down the road they were sort of visible
well, the bottom half of them were

Coming back not long after - they were gone

Poured at our place during the afternoon
giving the leaves on the camellias
the chance to have a very welcome wash


Look at all those lovely big fat buds

 
This plant is near the deck
so will a treat to look at
when they all open
We never complain about rain
These days we don't seem to get enough of it
My soil is still dry a little way under the suface
so unless its a  torrential downpour that cause damage
you will never hear many of us whinge (?sp) when the heavens open
and lots of wet stuff comes down  

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photos. Nice to meet another Aussie in blogland...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief it is to see any rain after so many years of the drought.

    We were up Eildon way on Saturday and it poured up there.

    Al

    Publish or Perish

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy