About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh, Listen to the Band

Another request on and off the web
for band photos
so here goes

One little 12 year old girl
First term at High School
Band class
Never played an instrument before
'Our first Bassoon' said the music teacher
We are going to need someone special
to learn this instrument


Would you like to try?

Oh dear, what have I let myself in for lol

3 months down the track
She loves it!

click to enlarge and enjoy




Big sister graduated last year
from clarinet to bass clarinet
another 'long' instrument


Same concert
Older students
She's the redhead on the right
Four of her class play as a quartet
called The Liquorice Allsorts
- trying to get her in the picture
I missed the one on the left :(


She's in the middle row
on this picture
(Big heads in front of me meant not many pictures)

4 comments:

  1. Cathy I loved this and the photo's are superb.

    Hope all is well/

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I loved playing the bassoon. I wasn't all that good at it, brother called me practising the "lonely cow", but hey it was fun and that was what it was all about.

    I played year 8-yr 12 and was the only basoonist in the school until that last 12 months.

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thanks for the visit and comments, Quite a few things have happened since I wrote that, I wrote that after the publication of my book.
    As for the Grand Ole Opry no news yet, but am optimistic I will get there,

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to see the grandchildren growing into talented and lovely young adults?

    Re the ingredient you asked about, (which shall remain nameless here because I don't want to put people off using it if they love it.) My husband, before he retired was a mechanical fitter, traveled around the country installing machinery in factories. He watched many things being processed. The one mentioned he saw the workers wading through the evaporation tanks in rubber boots, with runny nose...do you want me to go on ? LOL
    Another thing that is banned from our kitchen is margarine....he used to bring home cartons of it but....to be given away, not used in our house. Then there is Fritz (Devon) you definitely wouldn't consume that. I did love my Fritz and tomato sauce sandwich :-(

    Hope I haven't put you off all your favourite things Cathy.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy