About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Morning has broken - Skywatch Friday


Morning has broken

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Words by Eleanor Farjeon (1881-1965)
set to a traditional Gaelic tune known as "Bunessan"


Sung Here  by a group called Angelis

7.30am May 26th 2010
Its a shame a morning with such promise as seen in this beautiful sunrise

click to enlarge


8.25am May 26th 2010
should just become a bit 'blah' once the sun has risen



4 comments:

  1. The differences are amazing aren't they? The first shots are gorgeous indeed and what perfect words to accompany them! Great post for the day, Cathy! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those words take me back, I remember Cat Stevens singing that song, also remember it as the the music for an ad for a shampoo, can't remember the name of it.
    We had a beautiful clear sky a couple of mornings ago, and by the time I got outside it had turned to a grey, overcast sky. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the day must have been like... if even the morning was so beautiful!!!


    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy