About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

More daisies - Todays Flowers



Looking for pictures of Daisy type flowers last week
I found I had other types growing in the garden

These are photos taken over the past Spring/ Summer
late last year or earlier this year
or recent Summers

Heres Felicia amelloides with its tiny blue flowers
growing next to Stachys Byzantina (Lambs Ears) 

This must have been early in Spring
as the long stems of the Stachys
haven't started to shoot

Thats Sedum Autumn Joy behind them
an Agapanthus to the left and some Salvia to the right
those little Gazania plants are also there

please click the photos for a better view

Then theres that staple of many of our cottage gardens
or Seaside Dasiy

This one rambles around along with a sedum
that grow in front of some westringia


Here its interplanted with some small flowered Agapanthus


If you dont watch it tho' it can become a nuisance
It doesn't seem to know the words
- Keep out -
and given the right conditions one tiny little piece
will spread over an enormous amount of ground

I thought I'd be clever and planted some little pieces on a slope
'just to cover the dirt'

It spreads so much and covers everything in its path
so each winter I have to get down and cut it right back
then I get to see all the little rockery bulbs
that flower amongst the large rocks on the slope
Rest of the year they are hidden from view

I do have another one that opens with pinky lavender coloured flowers
It has slightly different leaves to other 'usual' one and has woodier stems

Then of course theres all the Brachyscome in the garden
This one is called 'Break of Day' 
which has little lavender blue flowers
So I have lots of these in around the roses 
in what I refer to as
The Blue Bed lol


Oh and I shouldn't forget the different coloured
Federation Daisies sometimes referred to a Marguerites

Must try to get photos of all of them when they flower next spring


There are times when I think I'm 'daisy mad'
but they grow so well with such little effort on my part
apart from a haircut now and then.
As they divide so easily or strike root from cuttings so easily 
I think we'd be mad not to grow them lol

To see more flowers from around the world

10 comments:

  1. hey I know plenty of people who are 'rose mad'

    So why not revel in 'daisy madness' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and the pictures were great. I love flowers and these were lovely.

    Have a great day,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for naming lots of the little patches of flowers I have in my cottage garden! I am going out right now to honour them with their proper titles.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love daisys too. Your collection is great and they look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog, the lavender flower you were asking about was a close up of a Holly Hock....

    Love your pathway pictures... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While daisies are my favorite flower and you have such a beautiful array here, I love those lambs ears. I just came across those a couple of weeks ago and they are just so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, with so many lovely photos of the daisies. Thanks Cathy and have a great week.

    An English Girl Rambles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that last photo is my favourite. I can't believe how much you have growing in your garden in the middle of winter?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello everyone
    Thanks for all your comments about the daisy type flowers in my garden
    I just have to say these are pictures from last summer or earlier - sorry I didn't make that clear.
    Will edit and add that to the post
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I love where you "covered the dirt". Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy