About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lazy winter days

Yesterday was a lazy day - one of those sit in front of the fire with my knitting days.

Dh out on his usual Wednesday golf day so had the house to myself.

Pottered and knitted in the morning, then popped out to my community singing group early afternoon.  Didn't hang around afterwards, was home quick smart - kettle on, knitting out, settle down again.

Out in the evening to a school band concert - two grandaughters doing music now so we definitely have to put in an appearance lol

One is in her first sememster of even picking up an instrument and guess what they encouraged her to play.

The Bassoon - its almost a big as her and she loves it:)

Will possibly show photos next week when they are downloaded.

Cold here today (Thursday) and very foggy so can't see any reason to not sit in front of the fire and knit.

4 comments:

  1. I shall now begin using the expression "quick smart".

    Cannot wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I've been reading your blog. I liked the same expression that Granny Annie mentioned. But I'm a knitter, too, so will be curious to know what's on your needles. Sounds like a lovely time by the fire, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a cosy way to spend a winter's day but hard to imagine here as we are having some rare sunshine.

    I look forward to seeing the bassoon-playing granddaughter. She sounds quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a plan! After the crazy emotional week I've had, a day of knitting beside the fire would be heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy