About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, June 21, 2010

I wonder if these would qualify - Todays Flowers



We have had such wet weather over the past few weeks
these have been springing up all over the place
All of them are unknown to me

They may not be not as grand
or perfumed like a Rose
but they are just as stunning to me as the Rose 

Firstly some smaller ones found in my garden
Not sure if these are all the same and change a bit as they mature
or two different types with similar colours
click to enlarge

Look how fine this stem is

The underside of these is so gnarly
Looks like bark from a tree

Now this is something I 'found' in the local park
To begin with I thought it was something a dog had left behind :(
Then I saw a better specimen with a stalk 
and realised it was a fungi of sorts
But what is it?
I didn't have anything on me to measure it
but those leaves lying around are a fairly substantial size 
Then of course there are the little white button ones
Lots of them scattered all over the grass in the park
There were so many of them all over the place
but they didn't appear to be growing in a cirle
thus forming a fairy ring
Although its quite possible they did but were covered by all the leaves
Sadly I didn't get to see any faeires or elves
but did say a quiet hello to any little ones
who might have been hiding in the trees nearby  
after being disturbed by local school children lol 

Now if you click here
You will definitely seee fabulous flowers from around the worl

7 comments:

  1. How very pretty. :) Even all that wet weather brings so many pretty things to see. I have no idea how to identify them, though, so would just do as you did and only take pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely pictures there Cathy, it's surprising what is springing up in the gardens these days.
    Enjoyed your post.
    I suppose it's Monday already where you are.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never realized how very unique mushrooms are. When one stops to reallys study them they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushrooms are so interesting - and I know almost nothing about them, so I was interested in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - it must have been very soggy over in drought stricken Victoria. Nothing as bad as that here - I don't like toadstools ... or magenpies in my garden!!!

    It has been wet enough for the blackbirds to strut up and down the squishy lawn and to keep emptying the birdbath in heavy rain. Lucky for them that Zebbycat isn't a bird hunter. Zeb is way happier inside - yes he is under his battered (all his own work) quilt again.

    Sending care, love and huggles to you and yours, Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fairy rings, i had one pop up in my grass this year and just left it... nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy