About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Watery Wednesday


We spent some time in Adelaide recently
staying with friends in the suburb of West Lakes Shore

I took a walk one morning to the bridge crossing the waterway
over to Delfin Island - a rather posher suburb close by
Huge houses with river frontage and boat ramps are the order of the day

Noticed these rowers from the Canoe Club 
 making their way along the riverway




A funny thing happened when they went under the little bridge

The water changed colour!

The sun was shining more brightly on the other side
(go figure)
and the rowers looked far happier lol


I stood for little while watching them

'til they finally reached the bend and made their way off down the river



click here for more Watery Wednesday participants

11 comments:

  1. Great snaps, especially the rowers with the outstretched oars. I'm following you now.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed look happier! The pictures made me long for a carefree day on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks pretty shot and perfect capture of the people whoa re in the boat. happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very nice down there at West Lakes, I used to swim down there quite a bit when I was training for triathlons, used to swim past all the little boat ramps, then turn round and swim all the way back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo's,lovely to see other parts ofthe world.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy what wonderful photos you have taken, I love them.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots and all are great captures!
    Happy WW...Luna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never get out of bed early enough to get pictures of rowers.
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing morning walk...I'm thrilled you took us with you!!

    We went birding last week...today's post for my blog is all kinds of coastal bird photos. Do take a side trip over to my place if you can find some time to view many waterfowl.

    COASTAL BIRDING

    Have a super day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to spend the day! (Even though personally I am not a fan of rowing, or any type of physical activity for that matter, LOL!) - But watching others enjoying themselves is always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy