About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Silver - Skywatch Friday





Silver
A favourite poem of mine from schooldays

Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon;
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;
One by one the casements catch
Her beams beneath the silvery thatch;
Couched in his kennel, like a log,
With paws of silver sleeps the dog;
From their shadowy cote the white breasts peep
Of doves in silver feathered sleep
A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
With silver claws, and silver eye;
And moveless fish in the water gleam,
By silver reeds in a silver stream.

Walter de la Mare
1873 - 1958

The full moon together with a very cloudy sky
last night here in Melbourne
gave me a chance to try out the night setting
on my little point and shoot camera

Some good - some not so good
click and enlarge for a better view





To see more skies from around the world

10 comments:

  1. Hi, have you any followers?
    I well remember this poem from my schooldays.If there was one lesson I hated it was poetry, I recall having to learn this and recite it infront of the class. I failed miserably.Yet once I started reading it today I could remember every word.
    I'm glad I know where you are, I did wonder
    why you hadn't submitted any post.
    Take care/
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    I like the look of your new blog.

    When I was small, my class had to learn that Walter de la Mare poem to recite at a festival. I can remember being very confused about the word 'shoon.' I thought it was something to do with shining! It goes very well with your pictures of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous post for the day, Cathy! To begin with, that is a favorite poem, but hadn't read it in a long time! So, it was like discovering it all over again. Secondly, I love your moon shots! They're delightful! I posted one this week, too, but yours are soooo much better! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.... I like your new blog look and what a lovely poem. Thanks so much for sharing it. I tried to take pictures of the full moon not too long ago and they were just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots! I love the look of the clouded moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. scary spooky & awesome!!!

    happy swf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous moon shots... love the light against the clouds!

    Hood Photo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not good in poems, I remember only Robert Frost's 2 roads meet.

    Now I have to teach my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy