About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A disappearing act

I did it again!
– have you ever had that feeling - 
The one that tells you things aren’t quite right

Well, I really hope nobody was watching me this afternoon
when I came back to where I thought I had left my car
in a VERY BIG shopping centre car park

Hand to mouth and heart beating madly - it wasn’t there.
Well not there in the spot where I left it.

I swear it was there when I left it,
I was certain somebody must have nicked it
whilst I was busy in the shopping centre.

Yes, you all know what I am talking about
the car that moves around the car park when you aren’t looking.

Of course after a little wander around looking very puzzled
I found it
and guess what
It was in the very spot where I left it lol

That’s what happens when you try to be clever
and get some extra exercise in
by parking as far away from the entrance as you can

Just to get some extra exercise in
'cose you haven't been to the gym for a couple of weeks
and you had several glasses of a very nice red wine over the weekend
and we all know that anything 'nice'
does funny things to our hips lol

I think half the problem was
I didn’t go to the same area of the car park as I normally do
('cose I wanted that extra exercise)
 and after wandering around for the best part of the afternoon
trying not to spend 'all' my cash
 my mind just wanted recognise something familiar (like my little red car)
and be comfortable before driving home

Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it :)

Feeling very relieved I put the shopping on the passenger seat
and started to drive home
- feeling a bit weary and peckish –
I had to stop myself opening the chocolate biscuits
bought for company this weekend.

I had this need something soothing
and chocolate is certain to soothe me
but I was very strong and didn’t give in.

I lie................I made coffee when I got home
and then had one.

Needless to say I haven’t told Husband
about the car’s little disappearing act
think I’ll keep it to myself.

Happily for me it was a false alarm
but I hate to think of the pain and anguish
I would feel if the car really had been stolen.

Next time I must look more carefully at the surroundings
and make a mental note of the number on the wall.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear! what a thing to happen, I too walk as much as possible to attempt to lose some pounds,
    Your story reminds me of a thing that happened to me, when my daughter was a baby I always took her with me to the local bank on a Thursday, this particular Thursday my husband said he would look after her, off I went to the bank, came outside and started to wheel my "Daughter" home just then a lady shouted out "SHE'S STOLEN MY BABY" It was an identicle pram only the baby was a boy and Negro,
    I couldn't get home quick enough.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Been there, done that. Those pesky cars seem to move themselves!
    Has nothing to do with age does it ...no I AM sure it doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. S. Congratulations on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, so glad to meet you! Thanks for coming to see me and leaving a comment so that I know you have been there. I plan to see you a lot more over the days and weeks to come. I love your picture, too. You are just my kind of person, because you look so happy and friendly! I have done the very thing you did quite a few times, parking my car and then coming out a different door. (The doors all look the same to me).
    Also, when I go to the Wal-mart (which is often), if I don't look and see what number is on the row I park in, I can spend quite a few minutes pushing that doggone buggy around and looking stupid. Ha.
    I will be seeing you again.
    Bye for now.
    Best regards to you,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, what a fun post!! Because I have "been there and done that!!" And I don't tell anyone!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathy, just popping in to see how you were and after reading this I can say, been there, done that ;) Glad you found it eventually and it wasn't stolen. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, done that too.

    Except I forgot which floor I left my little car parked on in a multi-story car park. They don't leave much room for pedestrians, and those cars come awfully close as they whizz down through the levels towards the exit.

    Think of all the exercise you had, walking around looking for it. I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself at ONE biscuit.lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's too funny. I have done that as well and once I even went to the wrong car.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy