About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5 - D

Letter D in the Blogging from A-Z April challenge

We got to lie in bed for an hour longer on Sunday morning
How come?  you ask
'Cose Daylight saving time has just ended 
from now on our Days will grow increasingly shorter
Summer Time has moved on to warmer climes
Australian Eastern Standard Time has returned to Victoria 
There will be less hours of Daylight
and more hours of Darkness

Even tho' we do get lots of sunshine in the winter months
Some mornings our house will be quite Dim and Dreary
(note I said house - not me lol)
and we will need the lights on to mimic Daylight

As the nights Draw in
I get more and more Devastated
as it Dawns on me
that
There will be Days and Days when I will feel miserable
wishing the next six months away
till
we are able to do the deed
and for me return to the Days I enjoy

Those of Spring and Summer
and long Drawn out evenings of Daylight not Darkness

http://alldownunder.com/oz-k/date/australian-daylight-savings-2.htm
http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html

Yes, an hour longer in bed - a lovely Easter Day out in Healesville
and - oh dear -
a special team lost again
and we needed the lights on at 6pm:(

10 comments:

  1. I understand that winter dreariness since we just went to Daylight Savings Time (or maybe we went back to Standard Time, I can't keep track!) here in the US. I am on the opposite side... loving having a little extra daylight (and warmth!)... waiting until a month of so away when I can take walks outside in the evenings after supper. Right now it is dark right about that time. It is great in the summer when it is so muggy during the day. My house tends to be dark as well, and especially so in the wintertime. Hope the next few months pass quickly for you with minimal winter doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm sure you know, things are going in the reverse direction for us here in the US.

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter and a blessed Sunday.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the extra hour in bed, but miss the lighter evenings. I think it's going to be a really cold winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you also get Easter Monday as they have in the UK? Of course not here in the US, in the land of workaholics...and certainly not Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They lost to Freemantle? A team from the state that eats, lives and breathes Aussie Rules looses to a team from W.A.! No wonder you're feeling down.

    Rest assured that your represented by a team with the best name ever in the Trans-Tasman netball series - "The Vixens"

    Huggles and care, Michelle and Zebbycat, xxx and purrrrumbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a little something for you on my blog.

    ~ Rayna

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have just altered our clocks ....but the opposite way to you. Enjoyed your "D" blog and look forward to the next,
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so sorry our Daylight savings time just showed up, Cathy. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dropping by fellow challenge participants. I'm definitely enjoying the longer daylight we're experience here in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy